Currently, Monkole Hospital offers the following services
- Monkole is available 24 hours a day. It offers consultations of gynecology and obstetrics, surgery, internal medicine, and pediatrics. Up to 158 patients can be hospitalised.
- In addition, to bring the health care to other areas, doctors attend two times per week three places located in the outskirts , far away from the hospital: those are the centers Eliba, Kimbondo and Molouk.
- Monkole also counts with a school of nurses(ISSI, Institut Supérieur en Sciences Infirmières) and a centre of continuing training for doctors(CEFA, Centre de Formation et d’appui Sanitair).
- Staff education: Monkole offers training courses to doctors and nurses in Kinshasa.
Currently the ongoing projects are:
- Prevention activities and education to HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis, three diseases that weigh heavily on the hope of life in the RD. of the Congo
- Technical equipment and professional training of the doctors of the Medical Center.
- Child nutrition program in the clinics of Eliba, Kimbondo and Molouk,where malnutrition affects 15%.
You can also consult the projects carried out by the Friends of Monkole Foundation to help all those families who cannot afford the hospital’s services by clicking here.